|The Browncoats are back at Armageddon! Melbourne, 1-2 November
||[Oct. 30th, 2008|08:08 am]
The Browncoats are back at Armageddon! Browncoats Downunder will be back in force at the Armageddon Multimedia Expo in Melbourne this weekend (1-2 November).|
Our booth is shaping up to be AWESOME! We’ve also got heaps of goodies for sale. They're cheaper than ordering in from overseas (when exchange rate and postage is factored in) and by buying from us, you're helping us to raise money for charity.
Here's a sampling of what will be available for purchase at our booth. Numbers are limited, so get in early! All sales are CASH ONLY.
* Kaylee “Shiny” Marquettes (QMX) - $80 each (very limited numbers)
* Serenity Money Packs (QMX) - $25 each
* Serenity Valley Map lithographs (QMX) - $50 each [3 only!]
* Serenity Blueprints Reference Books (QMX) - $25 each [3 only!]
* Big Damn Heroes Lithographs (QMX) - featuring Mal, Jayne, Inara & Kaylee - $20 each or $70 for full set
* Framed Big Damn Heroes Lithograph – Mal - $100 [1 only!]
* Blue Sun Travel Posters (QMX) - featuring Miranda, Londinium, Serenity Valley, Persephone and Sihnon - $20 each or $70 for full set
* Miranda / Burnham Quadrant Maps (Limited print run from QMX, not available anywhere else) - $10 each
* T-shirts - $25 each
- “Firefly” T-shirts (Mens & Womens), "Let's Be Bad Guys" T-shirts (Mens), Jayne "Public Relations" T-shirts (Mens), "Dear Buddha" T-shirts (Mens), "Browncoat / I aim to misbehave" T-shirts (Mens & Womens), "Fruity Oaty Bar" T-shirts (Mens), Mal "Big Damn Hero" T-shirts (Mens)
* Serenity Posters (US Design) - Small - $5 each, Large - $20 each
* Serenity comics with the special "California Browncoats" cover created especially for San Diego Comic-Con (Proceeds go to Kids Need to Read) - $15 each
* Serenity "Still Flyin" calico bags - $10 each
* Browncoat Lanyards - $7 each
* Browncoat Wristbands - $3 each
This year's charity is MND Victoria. Motor Neurone Disease is the name given to a group of diseases in which the nerve cells - neurones - controlling the muscles that enable us to move around, speak, breathe and swallow, fail to work normally. With no nerves to activate them, muscles gradually weaken and waste. This is the disease that took my dad a few weeks ago, after 2 years of suffering. The body slowly wastes away, while the mind is as keen as ever. Right now, there is no known cure or treatment. It affects over 350,000 of the world's population at any one time, and kills over 100,000 every year. In Australia, MND kills one person every day. Quite a few Browncoats have been touched by this disease, and with your help it is hoped that a cure can be found.
We have two raffles for MND Victoria (1 each day) with 3 prize packs going up for grabs on Saturday and another 3 prize packs on Sunday. They'll be drawn 3pm each day, so buy early and buy often! Raffle Tickets will be $3.50 each - or you can buy in bulk and SAVE - 2 for $6, 5 for $12 or 8 for $20!
First prize on each day is an autographed Serenity Poster (a US version signed by Summer Glau “River” and Nathan Fillion “Mal” on Saturday, or a German version signed by Nathan Fillion on Sunday). The other prize packs will include a range of Serenity related goodies - autographed items, mini-posters, T-shirts, a Serenity ornament, a Serenity novelization, Kaylee necklaces etc.
We will also be promoting Motor On 2009, a fantastic fundraising event that will be held in March 2009 - part cocktail party, part dance party, it'll be a night to remember!
See you there!
Armageddon Multimedia Expo - http://armageddonexpo.com/
MND Victoria - http://mnd.asn.au/
Motor On 2009 - http://www.zo-ee.com/